Thursday, June 4, 2015

Yay or Nay: Mom Jeans

HELLO!

A trend that has been around fairly recently is Mom Jeans. They are jeans that are high waisted, usually cropped and not too tight, kind of like the boyfriend jeans fit (they look very 90s in my humble opinion), and a couple of brands are even calling it "mom jeans".

Here are a couple of Mom Jeans:

All from Forever 21 (left to right): Mom Fit Jeans, Acid Wash Mom Jeans, Classic Mom Jeans

All from Topshop (Left to right): MOTO Vintage Mom Jeans, MOTO Black Mom Jeans, MOTO Ice Ripped Mom Jeans
I am a bit on the fence about this trend, I like this type of jeans for other people, but I don't think I would pull it off. I did love the Forever 21 Acid Wash but maybe if it were a skinny jean I would like it even more. I feel like even on the models, they don't always look great. I have a feeling that they are difficult to easily wear with anything and you have to be very careful with your silhouette when wearing these. I also think that the fact that they are cropped will not necessarily be cropped when you have long legs like me (im4'11'' cough cough), but it is nice that TopShop has the Petite and the Tall lines, so that more people can wear these jeans.

Overall, for me, this is a nay. It is a cool trend that is very 90s, but I don't think I will be wearing them any time soon. 

What do you think of the Mom Jeans?
How would you style them?



No comments :

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test