Saturday, March 16, 2013

Nail Polish Obsession Tag.


Hello!
Today I am going to be doing a tag all about my nail polish obsession! :)
1. What is your favorite nail polish company?

My favorite nail polish brand from outside of Brazil would probably Topshop! I recently bought one of their nail polishes and it is surprisingly good. It is very easy to apply and lasts a lot longer.
Now, when it comes to Brazilian nail polish I would definitely have to choose two brands. The first being Impala, a well known brand and the other one Hits, a newer brand that has different collections with soap operas and famous women.
2. Glitter or no glitter?
Since I am lazy, I don’t use glitter that often. But my favorite nail design that I do and gets lots of compliments is the Ombre Glitter, so I would definitely say yes to glitter. Once you get the hang of it, it is easy to use and makes your nail look more glamorous.
3.OPI, China Glaze, or Essie?
I haven’t tried any of the Essie polishes and the only China Glaze that I actually have is a beautiful glitter nail polish and my OPI polishes were very disappointing. So I would have to go with China Glaze, their glitter is absolutely amazing and it is not too watery, it is perfect and looks beautiful.
4.When do you change your nail polish?
When I am not too busy or too lazy, I will change it right when it starts chipping, so in 3 to 4 days.
 5.What’s your favorite color on your nails?
When I first started painting my nails was when I had just stopped biting them, so they were very short and tiny. At that point I would only paint my nails of lighter colors, the most daring ones were blues.
6.As my nails got longer, I started to use other colors, brighter ones.
Now, my favorite color on my nails would either be YELLOW by Ciaté (I love yellow, but this one is the ONLY one that actually looks good on me) and Topshop’s Eclipse, which is the most beautiful oil-ish nail polish ever. Depending on the light, it looks either blue, green or gold-ish and it is very metallic. Definitely a favorite, since I painted my nails with it more than once.
 7.Darks or brights?
The brighter the better.
I have always been insecure on how my nails were tiny and even when they are really long, they are small. So, in my head darks would make them look even smaller. And also there is the fact that I love bright colors, they always make me happier
 8.What are you wearing on your nails right this moment?
I was feeling very colorful and had too much time...

Impala in Polaina Fun and Disco Ball; Sinful Colors in Soul Mate.

 9.Matte nails, in or out?
I would say kind of in. There was a point were I was obsessed with Matte nails, but now I feel like I just don’t really care about it anymore. But I really like the matte black with the shiny tips.
10. French manicure?
I don’t really like, unless it is a different one or it is for some kind of fancy commemoration. I have never been a fan of them ever since I heard in school the true story about them (rumor has it that French women used paint their nails like that so that no one could see how dirty their nails were
11.Favorite color for each season?


Spring: pastel colors
Summer: Neons
Autumn & Winter: darker colors



Feel free to do this tag in your own blog and post the link in the comments, I would love to know about other nail polish lovers!

Love,
Mariana

1 comment :

  1. great post!

    thanks so much for the IFB add…i’m now following you & you're fabulous!

    i hope you love my blog…it’s based in nyc – http://www.the-beautiful-things.com/

    x Vittoria

    ReplyDelete

Skimlinks Test