Thursday, July 23, 2015

Yay or Nay: Gladiator Sandals

HELLO!

Gladiator sandals! One of my favorite trends that I got first introduced to around 2009 (I think, all I remember is I was still living in Brazil!), and now the trend has definitely made a comeback. You can find the sandals everywhere at the moment, whether it is from high-end designers or at your local Target, they are EVERYWHERE!

I personally love the trend because it is so versatile, you can wear sandals that go all the way up to your knee like this gorgeous Stuart Weitzman one, or this Charlotte Russe one:

Left: The Gladiator Sandal by Stuart Wietzman in Black Nappa ($425) Left: Qupid Laceup from Charlotte Russe ($39.99)

You can also wear the shorter ones, but still rock the trend. Whether you'd prefer an edgier sandal like the one from Topshop, or something a bit more delicate like the one by Rebecca Minkoff, it is up to you! :)

Left: Filey Strap Sandals from Topshop ($60) Right: Georgina Sandal in Black by Rebecca Minkoff ($125)
There are also the bulkier sandals, which are my favorites when it comes to gladiators! XD
You can rock a "Hercules" one from Target or a more modern approach from Dr. Martens.

Left: Claudia Gladiator Sandal from Target in Black ($29.99) Right: Clarissa in black leather from Dr. Martens ($109.95)

My favorite brand when it comes to most trendy shoes is Jeffrey Campbell, because I like shoes that are very different and unique. And the brand has some beautiful gladiators, but the thing that stood to me the most was the fact that they make some of them in the option of a high-heel or flat. 

Top (left to right): Bellona Leather Knee-High Sandal by Jeffrey Campbell ($290), Isolde Leather Knee-High Sandal by Jeffrey Campbell ($285)
Bottom: Advent Leather Lace-up Heel by Jeffrey Campbell($245), Valeria Suede Lace-up Sandal($195)

PS: The Jeffrey Campbell sandals at the top, can detach a part of it so the sandal can become a shorter gladiator.

As you can probably already tell, gladiators are definitely a YAY for me! What about you? I would love to know your opinion on the trend!


What trend of shoes have you fallen in love with?









No comments :

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test