Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Travel Tuesday: New York City (Soho)

HELLO!

I thought that I would share with you my favorite places to go in NYC, specifically Manhattan since I am still exploring the rest of the Big Apple! :)



One of my favorite places in New York is Soho, I always make the same reference from Kinky Boots by saying (or singing) that it is "the most beautiful place in the world...". The area downtown is much less crowded than Midtown and has lots of shops and restaurants all around, and it is just a couple of minutes away from Chinatown.

My favorite places in Soho are Ladurée on W Broadway, even though it is always crowded it is always nice to go into that little piece of Paris. You can either sit and dine at the restaurant, which I recommend to do at least once, or you can simply grab a yummy pastry to go.

Another place that is also really nice, and not too for away, is Housing Works on Crosby St. It is a bookstore (that was on Gossip Girl), with book wall to wall and it is also a coffee shop, so you can always sit down and relax. They always have great deals on books.

Not too far from Housing Works is Evolution on Spring St, which is the most amazing shop (at least to me)! The store sells all sorts of natural sciences/biology related things, like skulls, necklaces with anatomically correct hearts, vertebrae, posters, and a lot more. Even if you don't buy anything, it is definitely worth looking around. 

Another place that is very interesting to shop is Bite on Prince St, apart from selling their usual products, you can also create your own lip color. If any of you are interested, tell me if you want me to dedicate a blog post on my experience there.

When you go down on Broadway in Soho, you will easily find all the stores that you need without having the insane amount of people like Midtown, there are stores such as Express, Forever 21, Zara, TopShop, Vince Camuto, Dune, and many more. 

It is not too difficult to walk from Soho down to Chinatown, and if you go further down you will end up around the Financial District and The Battery. Soho is a great place to start exploring the south of NYC.


What are your favorite places to explore in New York?


No comments :

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test